Information for Parents and Children
From the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, this guide is for parents.
DO YOU KNOW?
- Your home phone number and address?
- Your parent’s full name, where they work, and phone numbers where they can be reached?
- When to use 911?
- Who a trusted neighbor is that you can go to for help?
- To check in with a parent as soon as you get home?
- When answering the phone, a child should say the parent cannot come to the phone and take a message?
- To always lock your doors when you get home?
- Never open the door for or talk to anyone who comes to your home unless you know and trust the person and your parent said that it was okay?
- How to use appliances such as a microwave if permitted by parents?