The Financial Administration Department is responsible for the collection and disbursement of all City funds and maintenance of the City’s financial records. These responsibilities include preparation and management of the City’s budget, payment of accounts payable, issuing property tax bills, receiving tax payments, overseeing investments, preparing City payrolls and providing management financial reports.
These duties include:
- Plan, organize, direct and control all financial procedures and methods
- Help organize, coordinate and prepare the annual City budget
- Prepare update of Five Year Fiscal Action Plan
- Prepare for Federal and State Single Audit requirements. Work with auditors on Governmental Accounting Standards Board pronouncements and SAS 112 requirements.
- Responsible for designing, implementing, recording and controlling all revenue collection, tax collection and treasury functions.
- Administers all bond indebtedness of the City.
- Approves and controls disbursement of all funds.
- Analyze City fiscal policies, interpret data, formulate the recommendations for action by the City Manager.
- Approve and control contracts and financial obligations.
- Plan and effect the investments of all funds; collects, receives, and maintains custody of all funds.
- Direct and supervise the accounting, review present accounting procedures and policies and recommend changes or modifications which are designed to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of accounting operations.
- Study present accounting practices to assure conformance with established policies and procedures, develop and modify accounting procedures, policies and systems in order to meet the changing requirements of the City administration.
- Advise Department Heads on accounting policies and interpret and apply them to various City functions.
- Perform special accounting studies and analyses of various activities of the City government.
- Prepare special financial statements and reports for the information and guidance of City officials, prepare monthly reports of financial analyses on the City operating funds, prepare monthly budgetary reports.
- Assists in implementation of Document Imaging using OnBase within the Finance Department
- Monitor and upgrade financial software
|Marilyn Stamper - Finance Director
Sharon Butsavich - Deputy Treasurer
Sue Comben - Account Clerk
49045 Pontiac Trail
Michigan , MI 48393
Ph: (248) 624-0885
Fx: (248) 669-5081
Ph: (248)960-0870 Water Dept. billing
Monday - Thursday
7:15 am - 5:30 pm