City Hall and Community Center Open for Appointment Only - Please call (248)624-4557 for an Appointment

Face Mask and Social Distancing will be Required to Enter

Services during partial closure  -  Related news story  -  Info on COVID-19 Crisis (incl. Unemployment & Stimulus Ck Info) 


Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

How We Can Help?

Whether you’re an existing business in the City or planning to relocate or start a new business in town, the City is here to help you. There are a number of programs in place designed to assist business owners, and the information provided on the City’s website should get you on the right track. For more information, call (248) 624-0880. If you wish to express a concern please use Report a Concern feature on the front page of this website. You can use it to express a concern or simply give us a suggestion. 

New Businesses

Business License
Before opening up your doors for business, you will need to obtain a Business License from the Fire Department to operate in the City. Contact the Fire Department with any questions. 

The City is divided into various zoning districts. For each zoning district, there is a list of uses that are permitted in that specific zoning district and conditionally permitted with appropriate approval. When looking for a place to start or relocate your business, it is important to make sure the zoning on the site allows the proposed use. Refer to the City’s Zoning Map and Zoning Code for details or call Construction and Development Services.