Solicitor / Peddler / Canvasser Licenses
Solicitor/ Peddler/ Canvasser licenses are required for any sort of door-to-door solicitation within the City. Please review the Ordinance and submit the proper application to the Clerk's office during normal business hours.
Business licenses are required for most businesses. Submit a Business License Application to the Fire Department before starting your business. For more information contact the Fire Department at (248) 624-1055.
During the COVID-2019 State of Emergency, please use the following process:
Go to the Oakland County website: https://www.oakgov.com/petadoption/Pages/default.aspx and click on the “Dog License” tab to purchase them online. Just a reminder – the new licenses are due by June 1, 2020.
When we return to a normal work schedule:
Oakland County dog licenses may be obtained at the City Clerk’s Office during normal business hours beginning in early December of each year for the following calendar year (January 1st through December 31st).
To purchase your dog's license at the Clerk's Office, you need to bring with you a current certificate of rabies vaccination and information from your veterinarian indicating if your dog is spayed or neutered. In accordance with Michigan Act 339 of 1919 (The Dog Law) all dogs must be licensed at four months of age or older. Each dog must be vaccinated with an approved rabies vaccine by a certified veterinarian.
- Spayed or neutered dog: $10.50
- Senior Citizen's price: $9.75
- Male or Female dog: $18.00
- Male or Female dog - Senior Citizen's price: $16.50
- Delinquent (after June 1st) $33.00
- Spayed or neutered dog: $28.50
- Spayed or neutered dog - Senior Citizen's price: $26.25
- Male or Female dog: $51.00
- Male or Female dog - Senior Citizen's price: $56.50
THREE YEAR LATE FEES (after June 1):
- Male or Female dog - delinquent: $66.00
- Male or Female dog - Senior Citizen's price delinquent: $63.00
- Spayed or neutered delinquent: $51.00
- Spayed or neutered - Senior Citizen's price delinquent: $49.50
City Manager's Office
Office Hours: 7:15 - 5:30 Monday - Thursday
Please be aware that an Oakland County Marriage license is required and may be obtained on-line, through the Oakland County website. Marriage licenses are valid for a 30 day period
You can use the Oakland County Clerk's Office Marriage Application service, which allows you to submit your marriage license application electronically.
- Complete the Application for Marriage License form with the required information for both parties who are to be married.
- You will be given a confirmation number once you complete the form.
- Bring your confirmation, valid identification, social security numbers and birth certificates (or passports) for both parties to the Oakland County Clerk's Office after the required three day waiting period (see table below). Although you can apply for a marriage license online, all marriage licenses must be picked up in person from the Oakland County Clerk's Office, 1200 N. Telegraph Rd, in Pontiac.
- Both parties do not have to be present to pick up the marriage license at our office once the required three day waiting period has elapsed. However, that person must provide photocopies (front and back) of all required ID for the other party.
County offices hours are Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (Please note their busiest hours are between 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m.)
Note: Your marriage license will expire 33 days from the date of application. Do not apply if your ceremony will be held more than 34 days from today.
Certified copies of Birth and Death Certificates that occurred in Oakland County are available in person or by mail. You may also order records online. All copies issued by Oakland County are certified copies with a raised seal and serve as an "original" document.
To request a death or marriage certificate in person you will need the full name of both groom and bride (maiden) and date of marriage.