Use the Category Selection drop-down box to see City of Wixom job openings or Wixom-area business job openings.
Lakes Area Youth Assistance Administrative Assistant
- Type:Part Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$12/Hour
- Posted Date:07/02/2019
- Deadline to Apply:07/26/2019 10:00 AM
Lakes Area Youth Assistance – Administrative Assistant Job Description
Lakes Area Youth Assistance (LAYA) is looking for someone that is dedicated to helping kids and families within our community. LAYA is part of the county wide Youth Assistance program, whose goal is to Strengthen At-Risk Youth and Families through Community Involvement. The LAYA office provides families with many services such as Short Term Counseling, Scholarships for Sports and After School Activities, Summer Camp Scholarships, and an annual Adopt a Child/Shop with a Hero holiday program.
The Administrative Assistants role is to help assist the Caseworker and Board of Directors in providing services and programming to our community. This would entail:
- General office duties such as answering phones, responding to emails, maintaining records, and fulfilling office needs.
- Using the computer to complete MANY tasks such creating flyers for programs and our annual report, maintaining financial records, creating program applications, and creating program handouts.
- Helping families fill out paperwork and apply for LAYA services.
- Receiving and evaluating applications based on financial guidelines.
- Assisting school district personnel with connecting students and families to LAYA services.
- Receiving and processing counseling referrals from Schools, Parents, and local Police Departments.
- Organizing and assisting in holding our annual “Taste of the Lakes” fundraiser.
- Fulfilling the needs and requests of our Board of Directors.
- Preparing agendas for monthly Board Meetings.
- Building and maintaining relationships with local community members, programs, schools, and municipalities.
- Connecting families to local resources.
- Assisting Caseworker in office needs such as writing letters, taking messages, and processing referrals.
- Ensure confidentiality of all informationthat is processed in our office.
We are looking for someone that is:
- VERY GOOD with computers. Would prefer someone that is familiar with Microsoft Publisher, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Word. Experience with QuickBooks would also be ideal.
- Detail oriented
- A self-starter, able to work alone.
- Exceptionally good at working with families and parents who may be under extreme stress.
- Very strong people skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
Start Date: Monday, August 12, 2019. Starting Pay: $12.00 per hour.
Part time position-30 hours per week (5 days a week, 6 hours per day)
If you are interested in joining our team, please contact us at 248-956-5070 or email LAYA@WLCSD.ORG
APPLICATONS DUE BY JULY 26, 2019