Use the Category Selection drop-down box to see City of Wixom job openings or Wixom-area business job openings.
City of Wixom Application for Employment (click HERE).
Hexagon Applications Engineer
- Type:Full Time
- Posted Date:01/21/2019
- Deadline to Apply:02/21/2019
Here we grow again! Hexagon Metrology, Inc., part of Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence, has a career opportunity for an Applications Engineer at our Wixom, Michigan location. This is an exciting opportunity for candidates seeking a career with an entrepreneurial and dynamic organization with a global presence!
As a leading metrology and manufacturing solution specialist, Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence helps industrial manufacturers develop the disruptive technologies of today and the life-changing products of tomorrow. We work with manufacturers to create solutions for the smart factory, where quality drives productivity.
As an Applications Engineer, you will provide technical sales support for all applications of Hexagon products encompassing metrology, manufacturing consulting and demonstration. You will assist the regional sales team by providing recommendations for customers’ applications. You will effectively communicate the benefits of Hexagon’s products for complex manufacturing and metrology applications via product presentations and demonstrations to prospective customers. And you will have responsibility for contract programming tasks and product training.
Additional responsibilities include
- Providing product demonstrations of hardware and software to prospective customers
- Consulting with customers to determine hardware, software or system specification requirements
- Assisting regional sales team, providing product recommendations for customers’ applications
- Developing, preparing, conducting customer training classes in machine operations and programming
- Preparing detailed technical specifications for quotations
- Providing technical support, onsite and phone
- Creating programs ranging from simple inspection to complicated logic-based graphical user interfaces, based on customer specifications
- Designing, developing, documenting and creating applications programs based on customers’ specifications
- Assisting engineering and marketing groups in new product development
- Travel up to 50% travel may be required
Here’s what you need to have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering discipline, Mathematics, or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- 2 years of experience in Manufacturing Engineering or Quality Engineering or similar environment
- Knowledge and understanding of manufacturing processes such as machining, casting, forging, fabrication and injection molding
- Proficiency in multiple metrology softwares, one of which must be 3D Point Cloud software.
- Proficiency with multiple sensors
- Proficiency in programming
- Solid knowledge of 3D CAD
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Must be comfortable speaking before small groups
- Proficiency with MS Office
- GD&T experience preferred
- Manufacturing experience preferred
At Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence, our spirited energy and engagement are evident in our commitment to our work, passion for what we do and the speed by which we achieve it. Here you will find the opportunity to build your career, develop professionally, and explore opportunities across a large, diversified company that prides itself on its innovative spirit and commitment to integrity.
We understand that we have an ability to impact the trends and changes affecting everything and everyone that will result in a better, smarter world for all. Consider joining a team of talented and dynamic individuals who are living the latest technology and making a quality difference in our world!
We strive to attract the most talented and dynamic individuals in their fields because our success is in our people! Our culture encourages independent thinking and a team mentality. And we offer a competitive benefits package that’s second to none!
Exceptional medical, dental, vision insurances
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
401k with employer match
Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
13 Paid Holidays
Training Opportunities…and so much more!
At this time, we will consider applicants who are legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship. No relocation. Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer ► M/F/Vet/Disability ► E-Verify Participant
To learn more about Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence, please visit our website