Use the Category Selection drop-down box to see City of Wixom job openings or Wixom-area business job openings.
City of Wixom Application for Employment (click HERE).
Administrative Secretary to the City Manager
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$42,791 - $44,957
- Posted Date:11/19/2018
- Deadline to Apply:12/19/2018
CITY OF WIXOM
EMPLOYEE POSITION DESCRIPTION
POSITION TITLE: Administrative Secretary
REPORTS TO: City Manager
QUALIFICATIONS: Associates Degree in a Related Field; Secretarial Training; Proficiency in Personal Computers, General Office Skills; Three Years Previous Secretarial Experience; Human Resources Experience Preferred
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides confidential and other secretarial assistance to the City Manager, and to the Mayor, City Council members, and Department Heads as assigned by the City Manager.
- Prepares draft correspondence, administrative directives, executive orders and other documents and reports as assigned.
- Assists in human resources matters such as recruitment, hiring and personnel policy documentation.Coordinates and provides Human Resources services to the City’s Department Heads and other employees when necessary.Along with Deputy Treasurer, ensures all necessary new hire paperwork is completed.Processes necessary paperwork and maintains Worker’s Compensation Agency files.
- Assists in scheduling appointments for City Manager, Mayor and Council members; prepares itineraries and makes reservations or other necessary arrangements.
- Prepares purchase orders as required, orders supplies, maintains records of expenditures and monitors those expenditures.
- Fields calls and visits from citizens, business representatives and others seeking appeal or manager level assistance, and resolves matters as quickly as possible.
- Updates the City’s Facebook page every work day with fresh, relevant, and interesting content.Responds to Facebook comments.
- Receives and files documents, correspondence and other records.
- Schedules use of Council Chambers and conference rooms in cooperation with the City Clerk, for various City and administrative meetings, arranging for necessary work materials to be available.
- Prepares paperwork for Mayor to perform weddings, makes arrangements and schedules ceremony.
- Performs any other related duties as required or as assigned.
- Provides coverage for other City Hall offices when staffing issues occur.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this classification and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of position skills, duties and responsibilities.
Date Position Description Last Updated: November 2018