Use the Category Selection drop-down box to see City of Wixom job openings or Wixom-area business job openings.
City of Wixom Application for Employment (click HERE).
Hexagon Metrology Project Manager
- Type:Full Time
- Posted Date:06/26/2018
- Deadline to Apply:07/26/2018
Here we grow again! Hexagon Metrology, Inc., part of Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence, has a career opportunity for a Project Manager in Wixom, Michigan. This is an exciting opportunity for candidates seeking a career with an entrepreneurial and dynamic organization with a global presence!
Ideally, the successful candidate will have an Engineering degree, strong technical skills, experience managing projects, demonstrated experience with industrial automation in automotive or aerospace manufacturing environments, and highly-effective customer-facing and interpersonal skills. H/she will have broad knowledge and understanding of the industry, with ability to adapt to unforeseen internal procedures of the contracting parties and form close links with their nominated representatives.
As a leading metrology and manufacturing solution specialist, Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence helps industrial manufacturers develop the disruptive technologies of today and the life-changing products of tomorrow. We work with manufacturers to create solutions for the smart factory, where quality drives productivity.
As the Project Manager in the Automation group, you will work with commercial operations, product managers and customers during the proposal stage to support and reply to requests for custom solutions for new and legacy products. Key project management responsibilities will include creating clear and attainable project objectives, building the project requirements, and managing the constraints of the project -- cost, time, scope, and quality.
Additional responsibilities will include
- Providing customer quotations and proposals based upon requests submitted by Sales.
- Independently coordinating, tracking, and managing assigned requests from submittal to on-time completion.
- Analyzing, disseminating and responding to customer submitted specification packets, identifying legal, engineering and financial issues.
- Meeting financial objectives by analyzing variances and initiating corrective actions
- Managing project teams to reduce risk, maintain schedules and budget, and reduce project conflicts
- Working with internal departments to effectively move work through local factory or sister factories.
- Domestic travel of up to 50% may be required depending on project phases and requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering discipline
- Experience with automation in a manufacturing environment (PLC, part handling, robotics, safety)
- Project Management experience & management proficiency
- Process improvement experience
- Experience with ERP system inquires
- Ability to remain organized while managing and prioritizing multiple quotations and projects
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, verbal and written
- General knowledge of Metrology
- Familiar with General Financial Practices
- Self-development skills
- Performance management skills
- Demonstrated leadership competencies
- Well-developed problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills and follow-through
- Proficient in MS Office tools, MS Project or equivalent
- Familiar with LX ERP system inquires, preferred
- Willingness to travel domestically (up to 50% may be required depending on project phases and requirements)
- Familiar with LX ERP system inquires, preferred
- PMP Certification preferred but not required
At Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence, our spirited energy and engagement are evident in our commitment to our work, passion for what we do and the speed by which we achieve it. Here you will find the opportunity to build your career, develop professionally, and explore opportunities across a large, diversified company that prides itself on its innovative spirit and commitment to integrity.
We understand that we have an ability to impact the trends and changes affecting everything and everyone that will result in a better, smarter world for all. Consider joining a team of talented and dynamic individuals who are living the latest technology and making a quality difference in our world!
We encourage employee success by offering a variety of career and training opportunities
and outstanding benefits, including:
- Competitive paid time off and paid holidays
- Medical, dental, life, vision insurance plans…and more!
- Flex Spending Accounts for medical and dependent care
- 401k with employer match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Training opportunities
- Wellness programs and activities
At this time, we will consider applicants who are legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship. No relocation. Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer ► M/F/Vet/Disability ► E-Verify Participant
Click HERE to learn more about Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence