The Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Fund contains monies allocated annually to the City of Wixom for the reimbursement from the Federal Community Block programs, which is administered by Oakland County. These funds are utilized for the development and completion of projects that serve the needs of persons of low to moderate income within the City of Wixom.
The Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program works to:
- Create suitable living environments
- Provide decent affordable housing
- Create economic opportunities through the expansion and retention of businesses
- Continue contributions to HAVEN, LAYA, and other service organizations.
- Renovation of Gibson House to be ADA compliant.
The CDBG Program is an important tool for helping Wixom tackle serious challenges facing the community. CDBG has made a difference to improve the quality of life for Civic City residents.
Deanna Magee - Community Service Director
Ph: (248) 624-2850
Fx: (248) 960-8873
Monday - Thursday
7:15 am - 5:30 pm