Business Development Manager
- Type:Full Time
- Posted Date:03/26/2018
- Deadline to Apply:04/26/2018
Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence has a career opportunity for a Business Development Manager. This is an exciting opportunity for the candidate looking to advance their career with an entrepreneurial and dynamic global organization!
As a leading global metrology and manufacturing solution specialist, Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence helps industrial manufacturers develop the disruptive technologies of today and the life-changing products of tomorrow. We work with manufacturers to create solutions for the smart factory, where quality drives productivity.
As the Business Development Manager, you will be the subject matter expert in at least one vertical market: Oil & Gas, Energy, Railway or Truck and Bus, and versatile to rotate to other vertical markets as business needs dictate.
You will be responsible for segment strategy, product planning/direction, and key account support and engagement. This includes directing Hexagon’s presence within the segment, including gathering and prioritizing customer requirements, defining product vision, working closely with the Product Line Managers to establish channels into new market segments and contributing to the global segment strategy. You will work with sales, marketing, operations, applications, and service organizations to ensure the segments needs are being met while delivering revenue and growing customer satisfaction while also ensuring that the segment direction and initiatives support the company’s overall strategy and goals.
Additional responsibilities will include
- Develop regional segment strategy and contribute to global segment strategy
- Determine go-to-market strategy for new markets including potential development of new channel partners
- Develop formal marketing plans, including ROI and break-even analysis
- Manage all aspects of the customer touch points related to market segment
- Collaborate with Product Line Management to provide commercial and technical feedback for product improvements, positioning, requirements, and relevant projects
- Develop and implement core positioning and messaging for segment
- Perform Business Intelligence Analytics
- Develop knowledge of competitor activities by researching, reviewing, and analyzing information about competitors' services to improve company competitive position
- Demonstrate ability to successfully expand new business and grow existing business within a vertical market.
- Subject matter expert in at least one vertical market:Oil & Gas, Energy, Railway or Truck and Bus. Must be versatile to rotate to other vertical markets as business needs dictate.
- Understanding of relevant market trends for the respective segment
- Understanding of relevant functional roadmap of customers and competitor in the respective segment
- Identification of new business opportunities (incl. business model) within respective segment
- Development of business case for business opportunity together with Product Line Management
- Presentation of business case for business opportunity for decision-making at board level
- Travel up to 50%
- B.S. in an Engineering discipline preferred, MBA highly desirable
- 5 years substantial and broad business experience in Business Development and/or Account Management, with at least 3 years demonstrated success in selling and developing new business with revenues ranging from $5 million to over $100 million.
- Proven track record of developing channel partners that broaden a products scope in the market
- Engaging and highly effective interpersonal, communication and presentation skills that cultivate and grow lasting business relationships both internally and externally.
- Highly collaborative leadership style with the ability to respond quickly and effectively to ever changing situations. Must possess the ability to coach, mentor and lead a diverse team to deliver best in class services to our customers.
- Highly developed organizational and planning skills, time management skills and written/oral communications skills.
- Strong background in negotiation
- Expertise specific to manufacturing processes and trends within segment
- Ability to establish leadership presence, motivate and influence cross-functional teams
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work in a matrix organization
- Ability to evaluate and analyze competitive product offerings
- Experience creating and delivering presentations, product definition documents, and business cases
- Background in metrology preferred
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally without restriction
At Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence, our spirited energy and engagement are evident in our commitment to our work, passion for what we do and the speed by which we achieve it. Here you will find the opportunity to build your career, develop professionally, and explore opportunities across a large, diversified company that prides itself on its innovative spirit and commitment to integrity.
We understand that we have an ability to impact the trends and changes affecting everything and everyone that will result in a better, smarter world for all. Consider joining a team of talented and dynamic individuals who are living the latest technology and making a quality difference in our world!
We encourage employee success by offering a variety of career and training opportunities
and outstanding benefits, including:
- Competitive paid time off and paid holidays
- Medical, dental, life, vision insurance plans…and more!
- Flex Spending Accounts for medical and dependent care
- 401k with employer match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Training opportunities
- Wellness programs and activities
At this time, we will consider applicants who are legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship. No relocation. Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer ► M/F/Vet/Disability ► E-Verify Participant
Click HERE FOR APPLICATION
To learn more about Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence, please visit our website by clicking HERE