Hexagon - Product Manager
- Type:Full Time
- Posted Date:11/01/2017
- Deadline to Apply:12/01/2017
Here we grow again! Hexagon Metrology, Inc., part of Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence is seeking a Product Manager for Portable Measuring Arms from Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence. Ideally, the successful candidate will live in/around North Kingstown, Rhode Island or Wixom, Michigan or Irvine, California.
At Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence, we believe that everything in the world must be measured to fit together precisely, from airplane doors to medical implants. Here you will find the opportunity to build your career, develop professionally, and explore opportunities across a large, diversified company that prides itself on its innovative spirit and commitment to integrity. Consider joining a team of talented and dynamic individuals who are living the latest technology and making a quality difference in our world!
As the Product Manager for Arms you will be responsible for managing the products throughout their lifecycle, from introduction to retirement. This includes, but is not limited to: gathering and prioritizing customer requirements, defining the product vision and working closely with the product line in Switzerland to deliver customer-focused products. You will work with sales, marketing, operations, applications and service organizations to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met and the products and marketing efforts support the company's overall strategy and goals.
As the Product Manager for Arms you will work to maximize customer satisfaction and Hexagon profitability through the development, management, and continuous improvement of the business within Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence. They must maintain a high standard of excellence and provide leadership in the areas of product and market knowledge, customer satisfaction, process improvement, and quality management.
Role of the Arms Product Line Manager will include:
- Act as the champion and spokesperson the products and the product line
- Interface directly with the product line in Switzerland, providing commercial and technical feedback from Commercial Operations, Market Sector Managers and Key Account Managers for product improvements, positioning and new requirements
- Interface directly with the Commercial Operations and Sales Management to define and justify resources and actions as they relate to the sale of new products, new market segments and/or additional sales opportunities
- Interface directly with Marketing and the Commercial Operations to maintain and improve current product positioning and to develop new sales and marketing campaigns
- Interface directly with Service and Support managers to define and justify resources and actions as they relate to aftermarket growth, product support and maintenance
- Define and manage the research and analysis of market and product trends to focus on organic growth, accordingly
- Develop and implement the core positioning and messaging for the complete product line
- Define and communicate the Product Line’s distinctive core competences
- Manage creation of sales tools, product documentation, promotional materials
- Define and execute the required training for the sales, support and service of the products
- Travel: 50% primarily domestic but includes some international travel, as needed
Successful Product Managers possess the ability to:
- Influence senior decision-makers on large impact issues; unify and motivate groups to move in the right direction; establish clear leadership presence
- Manage and excel in frequently changing environment and ability to influence cross-functional teams
- Meet or beat assigned targets and deadlines, consistently
- Consolidate market research and product data to make financially informed decisions by developing formal marketing plans including return on investment and break-even analysis for newly proposed products and product enhancements
- Research select Market Sectors and product trends (primary and secondary market research)
- Balance and prioritize product requirements – product positioning
- Thrive in an environment of complexity and ambiguity
- Ensure that priorities for tasks, projects, and products in development are aligned with company priorities and strategies
- Bachelor's Degree in Business/Marketing or business-related technical discipline
- 3-5 years of experience in Product Management combined with 7+ years of experience in the field of Metrology, with broad understanding of product development, process, alignment, marketing, sales, service and research disciplines
- 3-5 years of experience in commercial sales
- Ability to create presentations and to lead creation of product definition documents, business plans and training materials
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software products, especially Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Business writing skills
- 3-5 years of international business experience desirable
We strive to attract the most talented and dynamic individuals in their fields because our success is in our people! Our culture encourages independent thinking and a team mentality. And we offer a competitive benefits package that’s second to none!
Exceptional medical, dental, vision insurances
Paid time off
Tuition reimbursement thru advanced degrees
…and so much more!
At this time, we will consider applicants who are legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship. No relocation. Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer ► M/F/Vet/Disability ► E-Verify Participant
Check out our website