Hexagon Metrology - Calibration Technician
- Type:Full Time
- Posted Date:05/01/2017
- Deadline to Apply:06/01/2017
Hexagon Metrology, Inc., part of Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence (http://www.hexagonmi.com/en-US) is seeking a Calibration Technician in Wixom, Michigan. If you have the right experience and enjoy working in a collaborative team environment, we’d like to hear from you! We will invest in your professional growth by providing you with access to educational and training opportunities. This position is immediately available.
Calibration Technicians calibrate and certify to applicable standards, all models of Portable Arms from Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence.
Responsibilities will include
- Diagnosing electronic and mechanical damage on portable coordinate measurement machines
- Performing accurate, correct and repeatable calibrations
- Documenting and reporting results, providing traceable certifications
- Establishing and maintaining competency with all OEM calibration software
- Demonstrating understanding of the ISO Quality System
- Completing service reports
Background and Skills Required
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1+ year of experience in calibration of portable coordinate measurement machines (PCMMs) and/or machine repair
- Experience in the use of hand tools
- Demonstrated understanding of circuits and electronics
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Word and Excel
- Ability to work independently and effectively
- Ability to lift 75 lbs.
- Team mentality
- Military PMEL training highly desirable
We strive to attract the most talented and dynamic individuals in their fields because our success is in our people! Our culture encourages independent thinking and a team mentality. And we offer a competitive benefits package that’s second to none!
Exceptional medical, dental, vision insurances
Paid time off
Tuition reimbursement thru advanced degrees
…and so much more!
At this time, we will consider applicants who are legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship. No relocation. Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer ► M/F/Vet/Disability ► E-Verify Participant