Public Safety Aide
- Type:Part Time
- Posted Date:03/19/2018 7:35 AM
Public Safety Aide – part-time
By the closing date of this announcement, applicants must:
- Be a citizen of the United States of America or a legal resident alien with the right to work in the United States; and
- Be at least eighteen (18) years of age; and
- Have a high school diploma or a valid equivalency certificate; and
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license; and
- Not have a criminal record; and
- Be studying at an accredited college taking credit hrs in criminal Justice classes, or clearly demonstrate a desire to pursue a career in Criminal Justice: and
- Be available for 24/7 shift coverage as scheduled.
- In the event of a critical incident or immediate need for staffing, personnel must be able to respond (in person) to the Department within 30 minutes.
- Successfully complete a comprehensive background investigation process, psychological exam and physical exam with drug screening.
Description of work:
Public Safety Aides report to the Records Manager, and are scheduled to work 8 hr shifts, providing coverage 24 hrs / day. The hourly rate is $14.38/hr. No other compensation will be made. Scheduling will ensure that the needs of the Department are met before personal commitments or requests although every effort is made to accommodate requests for time off.
A brief description of the duties and responsibilities of the PSA’s includes but is not limited to:
- Assist in the processing and lodging of prisoners, and associated documentation. They will also be responsible for monitoring and ensuring the welfare of prisoners while they are in the custody of the Wixom Police Department.
- Liaise with citizens/other agencies for the bonding, and release of prisoners.
- Operate LEIN and maintain entries in compliance with CJIS policies and procedures.
- Preparation of officer court documentation, and issue and service of subpoenas.
- Complete non criminal reports at the front desk
- Data entry into County and Department data bases, and associated filing
- Liaise with probationers/ complete Preliminary Breath Tests
- Monitor area radio traffic for public safety agencies, and communicate when necessary
- Other duties as assigned, which may include other Public Safety Administration duties.
How to Apply:
Applications will be received on the City of Wixom application form for Public Safety Department personnel. Application forms are available in person from the Department or from the City of Wixom web-site. Public Safety Administration is happy to review applications at any time, even if we are not actively recruiting – applications will be held until such time as an opening occurs. Applicants are responsible for ensuring that the application is complete (and notarized) when submitted. Applications with incomplete or missing information will not be considered as valid, and will not be considered for this employment. A resume and/or copies of certification or references may support an application, but will not be considered alone.
Questions may be directed to the Public Safety Records Manager: 248-624-6114
Personal History Statement - Click HERE
Public Safety Aide Job Description - Click HERE