Hexagon Metrology - Shipping and Receiving Coordinator
- Type:Full Time
- Posted Date:03/09/2017
- Deadline to Apply:04/09/2017
Hexagon Metrology, Inc., part of Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence (http://www.hexagonmi.com/en-US) is seeking a Shipping and Receiving Coordinator in Wixom, Michigan. If you have the right experience and enjoy working in a collaborative team environment, we’d like to hear from you! This position is immediately available.
The Shipping and Receiving Coordinator is responsible for all incoming and outgoing portable metrology product. H/she coordinates all logistics for outgoing domestic and international shipments, and maintains sufficient shipping supplies. The Coordinator operates and maintains the forklift required for unloading and loading the product.
Responsibilities will include
- Entering all receivables and shipments by EOD
- Coordinating logistics and shipping
- Reducing transit times
- Negotiating freight costs
- Preparing product for shipment
- Preparing documents
- Communicating with trucking companies
- Loading and unloading trucks
- Maintaining the work load to meet production schedules to ensure on-time delivery of products
- Following defined processes in accordance with standard operating procedures
- Relying on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job
- Working under immediate supervision
- Lifting 75 lbs.
Background and Skills Required
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 2-5 years of experience in shipping and receiving
- MRP experience
- Must be forklift certifiable
- Ability to work effectively from verbal and written instructions
- Accurate computer keyboarding skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Effective interpersonal, written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to lift 75 lbs.
- Team mentality
We strive to attract the most talented and dynamic individuals in their fields because our success is in our people! Our culture encourages independent thinking and a team mentality. And we offer a competitive benefits package that’s second to none!
Exceptional medical, dental, vision insurances
Paid time off
Tuition reimbursement thru advanced degrees
…and so much more!
At this time, we will consider applicants who are legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship. No relocation. Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer ► M/F/Vet/Disability ► E-Verify Participant