Hexagon Metrology - Mechanical Engineer
- Type:Full Time
- Posted Date:02/09/2017
- Deadline to Apply:03/09/2017
Hexagon Metrology, Inc., part of Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence, is seeking an experienced Mechanical Engineer. If you have the passion and desire to grow your career with a dynamic global company, look to Hexagon! Our culture is innovative and our spirit entrepreneurial. This newly created position is available in Wixom, Michigan.
The Hexagon Integrated Solutions team is responsible for integrating Hexagon Metrology core products with external devices and/or products to create new solutions for specific market segments. The team is responsible for the development, testing, sales, and management of both custom solutions and standard products.
As the Mechanical Engineer you will execute all phases of (mechanical) product design, ranging from conceptualization, modeling, and reviews to generation of the required production documentation. Duties will include development of integrated systems and execution of engineering analysis and testing. You will support the sales process as well as final product development, and be involved in the development, production, and maintenance of new designs for integrated solutions.
Additional Responsibilities Include
- Develop, troubleshoot, and test mechanical and electromechanical systems.
- Utilizing CAD, create and update detailed working plans and complete mechanical drawings for custom components and assemblies to include parts lists and descriptions.
- Design new mechanical and electromechanical systems and components for integrated solutions.
- Incorporate design principles of lean manufacturing, reliability and maintainability.
- Create and maintain Bills of Materials (BOMs) of custom-developed components and assemblies.
- Actively participate with Solutions Engineers in design reviews for new projects.
- Working with Solution Engineers may take measurements or make observations in the field at customer installations to allow for accurate and concise proposals for the group.
- Work with vendors, suppliers, and manufacturers to optimize new designs for cost, performance and reliability.
- Participate in design reviews, FEMAs and other (group) engineering problem solving methods. Audit engineering documentation.
- Build and troubleshoot prototypes for integrated metrology systems
- Occasional travel to customers, vendors, shows or other Hexagon BU’s is required.
- Travel up to 25%, primarily domestic
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering or business-related technical discipline, or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- 5 + years of experience in mechanical design
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Solidworks CAD System, relevant CAM and CNC software, ERP Systems (Infor LX preferred)
- Knowledge of fixturing design
- Demonstrated knowledge, proficiency, and adherence to mechanical and electrical safety standards of the manufacturing industry.
- Demonstrated knowledge, proficiency, and adherence to mechanical and electrical safety standards of the manufacturing industry
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable with hands-on work in laboratory environment
- Proficiency with MS office programs and Microsoft Visual Studio
- Proficiency in Robotics and their programming, a plus
- Understanding of industrial vision technology, a plus
We strive to attract the most talented and dynamic individuals in their fields because our success is in our people! Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, imagination, skill, teamwork, and diversity of our employees. Our culture encourages independent thinking and a team mentality. We offer the latest technology, a stimulating work environment, and career opportunities working alongside some of the sharpest minds in the industry. And we offer a competitive benefits package that’s second to none!
We offer a highly competitive total compensation package
Exceptional medical, dental, vision insurances
Paid time off
Tuition reimbursement thru advanced degrees
…and so much more!
At this time, we will consider applicants who are legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship. No relocation. Hexagon Metrology, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer ► M/F/Vet/Disability ► E-Verify Participant